There are moments in our life in which we just need to step back a little and let our mind wonder. To take a break from everything, relax, to start breathing again and reassess what we know about ourselves, our points of view and the world.
What follows, are 41 inspirational quotes which may aspire you for something new, for something better…
– Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. (Albert Einstein)
– If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair. (CS Lewis)
– First, decide who you would be. Then, do what you must do. (Epictetus)
– The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking. (A. A. Milne)
– We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. (Aristotle)
– Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. (Lao-Tze)
– What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do. (John Ruskin)
– If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us. (Anon)
– Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. (André Gide).
– The mediocre teacher tells.
The good teacher explains.
The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires. (William A. Ward)
– Shallow men believe in luck or circumstances. Strong men believe in cause and effect. (Emmerson)
– The ultimate measure of man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. (Unknown)
– People mistakenly assume that their thinking is done by their head; it is actually done by the heart which first dictates the conclusion, then commands the head to provide the reasoning that will defend it. (Anthony De Mello)
– You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. (Tom Brokaw)
– At the age of 20, we don’t care what the world thinks of us; at 30, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40, we discover that it wasn’t thinking of us at all. (John M Eades)
– All the problems of the world could be settled if people were only willing to think. The trouble is that people very often resort to all sorts of devices in order not to think, because thinking is such hard work. (Thomas J Watson Sr)
– If you’re going through hell, keep going. (Winston Churchill)
– Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing. (Oscar Wilde)
– People inspire you or they drain you – Pick them wisely. (Hans.F.Hansen)
– If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else. (Marvin Gaye)
– If you don’t feel it, flee from it. Go where you are celebrated, not merely tolerated. (Paul F. Davis)
– If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. (Mark Twain)
– Don’t waste your time with explanations: People only hear what they want to hear. (Paul Coelho)
– The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about. (Wayne Dyer)
– Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. (Dalai Lama)
– The beginning of love is to let those we meet be perfectly themselves, and not twist them to fit our image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. (Thomas Merton)
– Remember. It’s called a soulmate. Not an egomate. Not a walletmate. Not a lustmate. (Karen Salmonson)
– Behind every happy couple lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interference to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted. (Kim George)
– Logic will get you from A to B, imagination will take you everywhere. (Albert Einstein)
– The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. (Mark Twain)
– Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. (Rumi)
– Being humble means recognizing that we are not on earth to see how important we can become, but to see how much difference we can make in the lives of others. (Gordon B Hinckley)
– I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person. (Oscar Wilde)
– The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kind. (Dalai Lama)
– I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with the people that make you feel all alone. (Robin Williams)
– Pain doesn’t just show up in our lives for no reason. It’s a sign that something in our lives needs to change. (Mandy Hale)
– Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason. (Albert Schweizer)
– You might feel worthless to one person, but you are priceless to another. Don’t ever forget you value. (Luan Legacy)
– The best things in life are free. And it is important never to lose sight of that, so look around you. Wherever you see friendship, loyalty, laughter and love… there is your treasure. (Neale Donald Walsch)
– The number on reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten. (Joyce Meyers)
– Trust you heart. It KNOWS. It knows what your eyes can’t yet see and your mind can’t yet understand. (Mandy Hale)
Find Us in Google:
Find Us in BlackBerry: